Beachcomber is experiencing exciting new growth and we are at the cusp of a total company renovation or transformation to become a leading world employer. As such, we have a very exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Controller.
Our founder and owner, Keith Scott, is the Finance team’s greatest supporter. He whole-heartedly believes and holds the following statement from Verne Harnish’s in the highest regard “Most entrepreneurs undervalue-and understaff- their finance department, viewing it as a necessary evil to keep the tax collectors at bay, issue and pay invoices, and provide monthly accounting statement. Big mistake. “Hire a sophisticated pro who can gather the granular data that you need to see where you’re making money by product, customer, location, or salesperson. It’s the quickest way to double profits and cash flow in a year.”
This is a great opportunity for a strong professional finance leader looking for a career opportunity with outstanding growth potential.
Who We Are:
Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a 38 years young well-established industry leader who has seen much success with their proven business model and is poised for change to provide an even better opportunity for the Next Generation. Beachcomber concentrates on being a world-class, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry, continually reinventing ourselves and moving into the newest part or segment of the Health and Wellness business. Yes, soaking in warm water at home in a Beachcomber is extremely healthy! We are very proud of our accomplishments in many aspects of our business, though a key is continually focusing on our internal and external people, our fine quality products and the after sale hot tub service we provide. This is our passion and it permeates within everything we do, to constantly drive and deliver outstanding support and care to our clients and develop, ‘a Beachcomber Customer for Life!’
Our Home Office and manufacturing plant focuses on fine quality and best value and operates out of 3 buildings in Surrey, British Columbia. We have approximately 200 employees around the world within our Home Office Group and 4 Development Center locations in Surrey, Toronto, and Montreal in Canada as well as internationally in San Diego, California, and London, UK. These centers have been strategically selected to service the local independent retail stores and most importantly our Beachcomber hot tub clients.
What You’d be Responsible for:
- Supervise and mentor a team of 5 spanning financial reporting, business intelligence, AP & AR
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements preparation and reports
- Monthly preparation of a balance sheet package complete with full GL account reconciliations
- Prepare the material or monthly operational reviews to drive efficiencies, visibility and results
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies supporting better management reporting, information flow, management, business process and organizational planning
- Provide financial analysis and create improved financial processes
- Ensure legal compliance with provincial and federal regulations when dealing with financial reporting and tax-related matters.
- Preparation and remittance of our regulatory and compliance requirements
- Work as a business partner with functional leaders to properly forecast impact of strategic growth and cost reduction initiatives
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between functions
- Oversee monthly assessment of organization's financial performance against forecast, financial & operational goals, with a key output of highlighting significant issues and potential remedies
- Drive the implementation of consistent process improvement initiatives/solutions based on robust analytics (BI tools), business knowledge, internal control expertise, and best practices throughout project life cycles
- Establish and implement best practices, research and recommend appropriate reporting and benchmark metrics for the business as required by its changing circumstances.
- Lead budget preparation, reporting and controls, variance analysis, project based cost accounting and job estimates
- Identify financial risks and opportunities with the development of appropriate action plans to drive improved customer satisfaction, improved product/service quality, employee engagement and profitability
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, and new business decisions
- Creation of formal policies and procedures to support enhanced structure and responsibilities
- Participate in special projects, business initiatives, and other ad hoc tasks as required.
What the Successful Candidate Brings:
- Professional accounting designation or MBA
- Impeccable ethical standards with a strong commitment to accountability and integrity
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to lead people and get results through others
- Vivacious appetite for continual business / personal improvement
- Large ERP financial system experience, previous Syspro experience is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, major projects and initiatives
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Open to direction, collaborative work style, and the ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Enhanced data mining and Excel skills
- Previous financial experience within the Manufacturing industry
Why Beachcomber Hot Tubs
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth opportunity
- Joining a world-class, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry
- Education, training and mentorship programs
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program