The Junior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for a variety of manufacturing operations, product design and engineering-related duties with the greatest focus on new product R&D and enhancements to our manufacturing operations. You will be actively involved in ensuring standards compliance for our products and manufacturing facility, research and development for new products and product improvements, ensuring continuous manufacturing and process engineering.
In addition, the Junior Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and engineering-related support to the production, engineering, quality and operations departments as necessary. Projects and duties may vary from week to week depending on production, engineering and quality requirements, as they arise. This position encompasses a wide range of duties and self-directed responsibilities and tasks.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1978, Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a leading manufacturer and retailer of luxury Hot Tubs. We manufacture the world’s most comfortable and energy efficient hot tubs, and set the highest standard for quality in the industry. We produce over 16 different models of hot tubs that are sold and shipped all over the world. Each one of our hot tubs are built from scratch at our 40,000 sq.ft. manufacturing facility. The facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art, industry-specific Thermoformer that forms all our hot tubs, as well as a 6-axis robotic arm that drills jet holes in our hot tubs.
We are an innovator and an industry disrupter. Beachcomber is the first Hot Tub manufacturer to now provide pricing for their hot tubs online, plus allow customers to shop and custom build their hot tub on-line using our Beachcomber Tub Builder App. In addition, we also offer a complete line of water care products, parts and accessories to enhance your overall hot tub experience. Our home office and manufacturing plant is located in Surrey, British Columbia, plus we have dedicated sales and service Centers in Surrey, Oakville, Montreal and San Diego. Check out our website for more information; www.beachcomberhottubs.com
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure standards compliance for our product and manufacturing facility in safety, energy efficiency, environmental requirements.
- Operate an ISO17025 energy efficiency test chamber and collect energy efficiency data
- Ensure calibrations and preventative maintenance are completed on major equipment including but not limited to a robotic arm and a thermoforming machine.
- Hands-on troubleshooting on the production floor
- Engage in new product testing, design, development and implementation on the production line
- Recommend engineering cost savings initiatives
- Conduct and analyze time studies data from the production floor for all manufacturing processes
- Assist in process mapping current manufacturing operations
- Communicate effectively with production operators and management staff
- Document and communicate engineering changes through Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Assist in implementing engineering product and process changes on the production line
- Assist with any quality, engineering, production, or technical support projects and tasks as they arise
- Create, maintain and update process work instruction documentation to production as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience with custom manufacturing and process engineering within an industrial and or manufacturing process.
- Degree in Production Engineering or related field of study
- Experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Excellent organization, communication, and time-management skills ability to manage and provide support on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to be versatile, think quickly and process a large volume of work and able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite for a PC environment. Specifically, proficient use in both Excel and Word.
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent conversational and presentation skills, analysis and written communication
- Strong intellect with the ability to combine analytical reasoning and judgment with creative thinking & ideation
- Hands-on mentality and good level of common sense
Why Beachcomber Hot Tubs:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth and the opportunity to build something truly exceptional
- Joining a Canadian, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry
- Education, training and mentorship programs
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program