The Logistics & Distribution Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the shipping of hot tub orders to our dealers and the receipt of raw materials required for manufacturing at Beachcomber’s Factory in Surrey, B.C.
The incumbent will plan and coordinate all shipping and receiving activities, as well as, provide direction and supervision to warehouse personnel to optimize slotting, loading and unloading of trucks. This position involves working with internal customers, the manufacturing plant and Beachcomber Stores to ensure that orders are processed, inventory is effectively managed and shipping is conducted as required.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1978, Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a leading manufacturer and retailer of luxury Hot Tubs. We manufacture the world’s most comfortable and energy efficient hot tubs, and set the highest standard for quality in the industry. We produce over 16 different models of hot tubs that are sold and shipped all over the world. Each one of our hot tubs are built from scratch at our 40,000 sq.ft. manufacturing facility. The facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art, industry-specific Thermoformer that forms all our hot tubs, as well as a 6-axis robotic arm that drills jet holes in our hot tubs.
We are an innovator and an industry disrupter. Beachcomber is the first Hot Tub manufacturer to now provide pricing for their hot tubs online, plus allow customers to shop and custom build their hot tub on-line using our Beachcomber Tub Builder App. In addition, we also offer a complete line of water care products, parts and accessories to enhance your overall hot tub experience. Our home office and manufacturing plant is located in Surrey, British Columbia, plus we have dedicated sales and service Centers in Surrey, Oakville, Montreal and San Diego. Check out our website for more information; www.beachcomberhottubs.com
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan & route outgoing shipments through various freight companies, freight forwarders and schedule transportation of shipments. (LTL, International Forwarding Agents) and call carriers for pick up.
- Create shipping documentation including bills of lading, packing slips, shipping labels, and dangerous goods waybills when required.
- Prepare and process all Customs documents.
- U.S. shipments leaving from head office. (including NAFTA Certs)
- International/Overseas shipments (Ocean Freight Bill of Lading, B13’s, commercial invoice)
- Coordinate intra-warehouse movement of goods and raw materials.
- Co-ordinate the shipment and return of tubs from special events.
- Scheduling of all road, rail and sea containers.
- Negotiate rates with all carriers to ensure competitive rates and service on all lanes.
- Prepare and forward daily ship logs to customer service, finance & off-site warehouses
- Calculate and forward freight costs for all prepaid shipments to customers and customer service department
- Maintains shipment files, issue reports, and responds to customer inquiries regarding status of shipments.
- Cross check invoices and waybills for accuracy and follow-up on any errors.
- Prepares and follows-up on freight claims.
- Posts orders and shipping information daily using computer system. (Tag Me and Syspro)
- Monitors tub orders in the production schedule through manufacturing to shipping
- Co-ordinates loading and off-loading of all shipments and store product in designated locations
- Maintain cleanliness and good order of warehousing and yard facilities on a daily basis.
- Insure that fork lift machines are working properly and follow all maintenance schedules.
- Effectively supervise and support staff to ensure most cost-effective allocation of employees’ time.
- Acts as back-up for Scheduling coordinator duties
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years shipping, receiving and warehouse experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with customs/transportation requirements and inbound and outbound border crossing and Overseas bound freight procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction within a unionized work environment
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to utilize good judgement to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective shipment support
- Attention to detail, ability to manage high volume of detailed work with minimum error
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, MS Office, Syspro and other applications
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in work style
Why Beachcomber Hot Tubs:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth and the opportunity to build something truly exceptional
- Joining a Canadian, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry
- Education, training and mentorship programs
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program