The Production Supervisor is responsible for successful supervision and management of the production floor operations. and implementing the production plan by providing the necessary supervision and service to maintain safety, quality and production within established time frames at the targeted cost. You will be required to effectively determine necessary production buffers, as well as line balance across all production areas to distribute work load to applicable employees and production areas as determined necessary to obtain the overall production plan,
Who We Are:
Founded in 1978, Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a leading manufacturer and retailer of luxury Hot Tubs. We manufacture the world’s most comfortable and energy efficient hot tubs, and set the highest standard for quality in the industry. We produce over 16 different models of hot tubs that are sold and shipped all over the world. Each one of our hot tubs are built from scratch at our 40,000 sq.ft. manufacturing facility. The facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art, industry-specific Thermoformer that forms all our hot tubs, as well as a 6-axis robotic arm that drills jet holes in our hot tubs.
We are an innovator and an industry disrupter. Beachcomber is the first Hot Tub manufacturer to now provide pricing for their hot tubs online, plus allow customers to shop and custom build their hot tub on-line using our Beachcomber Tub Builder App. In addition, we also offer a complete line of water care products, parts and accessories to enhance your overall hot tub experience. Our home office and manufacturing plant is located in Surrey, British Columbia, plus we have dedicated sales and service Centers in Surrey, Oakville, Montreal and San Diego. Check out our website for more information; www.beachcomberhottubs.com
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe work site by ensuring that employees follow safe work procedures, and that all company, collective bargaining agreement, government, and Work Safe regulations are followed.
- Provide leadership and coaching for all employees in the areas of safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor the activities of the area Lead Hands and other employees to ensure all are working in a productive manner.
- Communicate safety and production concerns with Lead Hands as they arise and assist them in overcoming obstacles.
- Assist the Production / Operations Manager in executing the production plan to successfully complete the production schedule plan by ensuring all required resources are in place.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, process and equipment performance.
- Partner with other Production Supervisors to coordinate activities of individual area/or department to ensure optimal overall production efficiency and through put based on goals.
- Establish and help Quality Assurance department in production and quality policies, procedures and objectives for continuous improvement.
- Monitor Tag Me Stations and ensure Process Times per area/person are being met.
- Continually assess production buffer levels and requirements throughout all areas and work with area Production Supervisors to adjust as necessary.
- Assist Production /Operations Manager in implementing new policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned through work related projects.
- Interview, hire and train new employees in production in accordance with in-place work related production and quality procedures.
- Work with Union appointed Shop Stewards in resolving employee problems and carrying out employee discipline.
- Work closely with the Production /Operations Manager and HR Team on employee discipline and union grievance issues according with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of five years manufacturing experience in a supervisory role in a high volume and labour intensive manufacturing plant.
- Proven manufacturing management skills in a growing company.
- Results-oriented with strong organizational, planning, coordination, and leadership skills
- Solid understanding of manufacturing flow of products and manufacturing process.
- Ability to communicate effectively, be tactful, impactful and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to coach and manage large groups of multi-cultural employees.
- Prior experience in managing and supervising within a unionized environment preferred
- Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to think on your feet, and “outside the box”.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and other computerized applications
- Hands-on mentality and good level of common sense
Why Beachcomber Hot Tubs:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth and the opportunity to build something truly exceptional
- Joining a Canadian, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry
- Education, training and mentorship programs
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program