The Quality Assurance Leader has full responsibility for the development, implementation and maintenance of Beachcomber’s quality systems, as well as the financial reporting and reconciling of supplier defects. As the Quality Leader you are responsible for Quality Management System (QMS) and all of its related compliance. You manage quality policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices, to assure the company of continuous improvement, conformance and effectiveness. In addition, you are the document control manager, quality auditor, and process improvement specialist. But you are always a team player that has input on anything to do with quality.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1978, Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a leading manufacturer and retailer of luxury Hot Tubs. We manufacture the world’s most comfortable and energy efficient hot tubs, and set the highest standard for quality in the industry. We produce over 16 different models of hot tubs that are sold and shipped all over the world. Each one of our hot tubs are built from scratch at our 40,000 sq.ft. manufacturing facility. The facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art, industry-specific Thermoformer that forms all our hot tubs, as well as a 6-axis robotic arm that drills jet holes in our hot tubs.
We are an innovator and an industry disrupter. Beachcomber is the first Hot Tub manufacturer to now provide pricing for their hot tubs online, plus allow customers to shop and custom build their hot tub on-line using our Beachcomber Tub Builder App. In addition, we also offer a complete line of water care products, parts and accessories to enhance your overall hot tub experience. Our home office and manufacturing plant is located in Surrey, British Columbia, plus we have dedicated sales and service Centers in Surrey, Oakville, Montreal and San Diego. Check out our website for more information; www.beachcomberhottubs.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, Implement and maintain compliance to Beachcomber’s Quality Management Systems.
- Lead Quality Team’s responsible for implementing quality improvement projects.
- Review individual customer complaints and trends implement systems to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the quality performance of critical parts suppliers.
- Prepare quality analysis and reports for Senior Management and other Managers/Supervisors.
- Develop and implement quality control/test methodologies and standards.
- Develop and implement statistical process control methods.
- Investigate nonconforming products, failures and causes and resolve corrective action reports with the Issue Management Reporting System (IMR).
- Lead production and quality staff in the integration of quality management into daily operations.
- Prepare quality presentations and present to the Dealers/Development Personnel at special functions as required.
- Train production staff in new and existing quality programs.
- Special Projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance in a busy manufacturing plant
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, Quality Certifications or related courses, and equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management principles, standards and management of a total Quality Management System
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to lead, develop, and support a team
- Ability to develop, plan and execute quality improvement initiatives, providing regular updates and actions to a group of internal stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork skills, work collaboratively with operations, production and engineering teams.
- Advanced accounting, business and quality reporting skills, experienced with Syspro, Oracle, SAP software beneficial.
- Technical aptitude with an ability to multi-task and organize a large amount of complex data and production information.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, with proven ability to work well under pressure with defined deadlines.
- Ability to lead through change and manage flexibility and change in direction.
- Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with unionized hourly production staff.
- Language skills considered an asset (Punjabi, Vietnamese, Cantonese).
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification considered as an asset.
Why Beachcomber Hot Tubs:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic career growth and the opportunity to build something truly exceptional
- Joining a Canadian, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry
- Education, training and mentorship programs
- Employee Hot Tub Discount Purchase Program