Beachcomber is experiencing exciting new growth and we are at the cusp of a total company transformation to become a leading world employer. We recognize that in order to provide our clients with top-notch care and service, we need to provide the same care with every Beachcomber staff member. As such, we have a very exciting opportunity for a creative and passionate Human Resources Manager to lead our Beachcomber cultural movement across our entire organization.
You will be instrumental in building a defined organizational culture, HR strategy and infrastructure that will support the business in its sales, customer care and defined targeted growth This person must think “both inside and outside the HR Box”. Joining the Beachcomber group of talent is a unique and exciting opportunity. People are the most expensive and most valuable resource of our Beachcomber business. Beachcomber holds this topic in high regard!
Who We Are:
Beachcomber Hot Tubs is a 39 years young well-established industry leader who has seen much success with their proven business model. Beachcomber is poised for change to provide an even better opportunity for the Next Generation. As such, Beachcomber concentrates on being a world-class, leading manufacturer in the hot tub/spa industry, continually reinventing ourselves and moving into the newest segment of the Health and Wellness business. Yes, soaking in warm water at home in a Beachcomber is extremely healthy! We are very proud of our accomplishments in many aspects of our business, though a key is continually focusing on our internal and external people, our superior quality products and the after sale hot tub service we provide. Customer service and a quality product is our passion and it permeates within everything we do, constantly driving us to deliver outstanding support and care to our clients and develop, ‘a Beachcomber Customer for Life!’
Our Home Office and manufacturing plant focuses on superior quality and best value and operates out of 3 buildings in Surrey, British Columbia. We have approximately 200 employees around the world within our Home Office Group and 4 Development Center locations in Surrey, Toronto, and Montreal in Canada as well as internationally in San Diego, California, and London, UK. These centers have been strategically selected to service the local independent retail stores and most importantly our Beachcomber hot tub clients.
- Work with the Founder and the Executive team to develop the forward HR Strategy that will enable Beachcomber’s business strategy and continued growth.
- Create and support a ‘best employer’ culture.
- Drive passion and engagement across all areas of the business for the product, with a singular focus on the customer
- Keep Employee Relations and Labour Relations open, honest and transparent
- Foster a strong hiring network and build out next level tactics to attract key talent for the organization.
- Genuine commitment and care for the Beachcomber family shown through social events, career development, education and employee communication
- Establish employee engagement benchmark and maximize employee engagement and organizational impact
- Build a strong culture of Performance Development and redesign performance tools and reviews.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate company Total Compensation and supporting pay bands
- Create and maintain defined Job Descriptions for each of the different divisions in Beachcomber
- Implement and commit to a production cross training program that maximizes the employee’s skillsets
- Creation of an Employee-focused Beachcomber eHandbook
- Development of meaningful KPI’s and PPI’s for the HR department
- Onboarding to immerse new hires in the Beachcomber Culture
- Support and develop a Career Planning Program to promote within our Beachcomber Family
- Utilizing HRIS and other advanced reporting technology solutions to manage our people investments
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience including experience in multiple areas of HR such as Recruitment and Retention, Compensation and Benefits, Succession Planning, Training and Organizational Development
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships across all levels of the organization and diverse client groups
- Ability to diagnose and successfully handle complex employee, labour relations and organizational development issues
- Strong influencing skills to advise and partner with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience supporting a unionized manufacturing environment along with a sales and retail environment preferred
- Experience implementing and/or utilizing HRIS - ADP Workforce Now
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is preferred
- Drive for Superior Results: ability to establish a strong sense of purpose, high standards and a sense of urgency for self and others.
- Effective, clear, and precise communication skills both written, verbal and for presentations
- Strong coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
Why Work For Us:
- A Competitive HR category salary commensurate to talent and qualifications.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, with 10 national holidays, and 1 free Beachcomber Day
- Full Beachcomber benefits package.
- Employer paid professional membership and certification fees (BCHRMA, CHRP)
- Professional and career development for staff members wanting to grow.